Wednesday, November 10, 2010

a first and hopefully a last

I had a AWESOME surprise for me when I went into Lila's room this morning.

I heard her wake up about 10 minutes before I went in to get her. I was busy trying to get Emma out the door and to school on time. Plus, Lila was giggling and playing in her room. I mean, why bother a happy, playing baby, right?

So when I went into her room, she was standing in her crib smiling at me. I had to do a double take at her. I wasn't sure she was my child. At the moment she was a completely different color than what I had left her when I put her to bed last night.

She was covered in head to toe poop. Let that take a minute to sick in.

I stood in the doorway for a minute caught between the thought of should I grab my camera. The blogger and scrapbooker in me said yes. The mother in me said no she needed to get in the bath ASAP.

I guess Lila is trying to show us that if we think we have it all figured out because she is our 3rd, then we are wrong. Because, out of 3 kids this is our first "she woke up covered in poop" experience.

september and october blog 001

No comments: