Monday, March 12, 2012

a christmas surprise

We actually celebrated our Christmas and Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. My family was all sick with a stomach bug, so the Christmas day festivities with them were cancelled. Even though we hated they were all sick, selfishly it worked a little to our advantage. See we had been holding a secret from our girls...

WE WERE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

Actually, only I had been holding the secret for a few weeks. Jason, however, had been holding the secret for months. He had been planning this surprise for us for a while. His plan to tell us we were leaving the next day for Disney World was to tell me along with the girls on Christmas morning. Well, he ran into some snags with his plan and had to let me in on his secret earlier. Thank goodness he did! I am a planner, and I possibly would have lost it if he told me we were leaving the next day for Disney.

The plan was to do our Christmas and Santa Claus on Christmas Eve and then go to the Christmas Eve service that night. On Christmas day we planned on traveling all day to Disney to be ready to hit the parks Monday morning.

The last present the girls opened was a box that was wrapped up and filled to the top with red and black balloons. At the bottom of the box was an invitation to leave for Disney the next day.

Unfortunately, I have not gotten the video from Jason of them opening the box nor did we take pictures of the event since we did the video. But let me promise you, you are not missing much. It was as if it did not register to them that we were going. I really do not think they even thought it was a possibility. The girls basically shrugged their shoulders did a little "yippee" and went back to playing with their toys. Not the reaction we thought we would get.

Here's some pics of what Santa Claus brought the girls...
christmas 034


christmas 037


christmas 042


christmas 044


christmas 046


christmas 047

No comments: