Monday, January 05, 2009

happy new year!

For New Years Jason and I actually got a chance to get out.  After the girls went to bed at my grandparent's house, we had reservations at the Melting Pot for a late dinner.

After getting over the initial heart attack of the price, we had the best time.  The food was so good.  How much better could it get when you get to dine for 2 hours?  Yummy!

I would have included the complementary picture we received from the Melting Pot, but I am not sure it was our finest.  We had that look of what in the world are we doing out so late.  Also could have been the shock of dining alone together without children.  I mean I did not even have to tell Jason to get off the top of the table or stop throwing food at the table beside ours (even though thye were kind of obnoxiously drunk and the girl was attempting somewhat of a strip for us with her dress falling down off of her shoulder).

The girls had fun with the party favors we brought home.  I guess that was the Melting Pot's way of saying, "Thank you for spending your whole eating out budget for the month with us."


Play that horn soul sista...

The hat kept falling over Ava's eyes and she never would fix it.  She ran into the kitchen cabinet 4 times in a row.  And yes, we are the mean parents who let her keep doing it so we could get the camera and take a picture of it.


1 comment:

Sonya @ Balentine Bliss said...

That's so funny! I love the shot of Ava walking into the furniture.

I need to get with Jason and find out what settings you have on your camera. You pictures are sooo good! Don't you guys have a Nikon D300?