Thursday, August 27, 2009

i broke down

We had a first in the Stockdale house. I painted the girl's toe nails for the first time last week.

I know what you're thinking. No big deal, right? Girls love to have their nails painted.

I just couldn't do it. If you know me, I love all things girly and innocent. The girls wear smocked clothing, and I have rules about how they dress. We wear bows in our hair and Mary Janes on our feet.

I just want to keep them sweet and innocent and girly for as long as I can. I don't want them to have the desire to look older or be older than they are. I only have my little girls at this stage for a small amount of time.

They did look precious with their toe nails painted, though. I will admit. However, no painted finger nails for awhile. Small steps...

1 comment:

Candice Pair said...

how sweet :) you should try "sweetheart" by opi...its a really soft creamy pink, almost not even noticeable. that way they love it, but you dont feel like its so grown up :)