Wednesday, August 26, 2009

we're learning

Emma and I have been working on some projects.

This is the first time Emma has written her name all together.  So proud of her!

I have been working on sewing.  Literally, before doing these little projects, the extent of my sewing consisted of sewing on buttons.  No exaggerations.

With the help of my Nana showing me how to do a sample pair of pants, I was able to take the knowledge home and somewhat do it myself.

I had a vision of pants that could go with a Halloween and a Thanksgiving appliqued shirt.  I think I am going to do another top with the pumpkin in a different fabric.  Maybe a black  gingham.

I loved this fabric at Hobby Lobby.  I am going to do a t-shirt with their names monogrammed to match.
I am far from a seamstress, but it's a start.  Practice makes perfect.  At least the girls will have some play clothes for winter.  Although, they may unravel before we even leave the house...

1 comment:

Candice Pair said...

no they wont! oh and i love the floral pants...i might have to get some of that fabric too!