Tuesday, September 21, 2010

her boys

Getting Ava dressed has become a big issue.

But, not in the way that I thought. You see, everyone told me that the older that my children got, the less they would want to dress in all the smocked clothing and sweet dresses that I put them in.

Wrong. Not Ava.

See this outfit? She pitched a fit to wear this one morning as we were getting dressed for school.
400h leica m3 003


She kept saying that she didn't feel pretty in it and that the other kids would laugh at her.

Then, yesterday morning as I was getting her ready for school, I got the full explanation from Ava on why she did not want to wear an outfit I picked out for her. It went like this...

"I don't want to wear those clothes. Those clothes are not pretty. My boys will not like this. My boys only like it when I wear sundresses. Please let me wear a dress!"

Well, of course! I was only thinking that I did not want your nice clothes ruined at preschool. I completely forgot about your "boys".

Are we really starting this now?

No comments: