Sunday, August 31, 2008

halloween has come early

I heart Halloween.

I'm just not one of those people that believes Halloween damages kids. I'm not condoning going out and dressing like demons or monsters, but some good fantasy fun where your kids dress up and pretend to be something else for a night is fun. I have fond memories of trick-or-treating at the neighbor's house and then going up to church for a Halloween party. That was back in the day when they actually called it a Halloween party instead of a "harvest carnival" or whatever term is "church correct" at the moment. I still don't understand the use of the alternative name. You are having your "harvest carnival" on or around October 31 and you are giving out candy and playing games while dressed up in costumes. In my books, that makes it a Halloween party.

But, alas, I digress.

So I pulled out some things that I was planning to sell on eBay and come across a couple of old Halloween costumes. Emma was an octopus 2 years ago and a flamingo (or as Emma says, flamenco) last year. Well, the girls got into my eBay pile and decided it was time to play dress up. Octopus and Flamingo may be making a comeback this Halloween.

I love the pics of Emma trying to stand on one leg like a flamingo. I also love the pics of the Octopus attacking the Flamingo in the tail:)









1 comment:

jennifer said...

I'm lovin' the octopus! So cute!!!