Saturday, October 25, 2008

emma's new big girl bed

Emma has been sleeping in a toddler bed ever since she got out of her crib at 17 months. My whole plan was to move her to my old daybed that I had when I was in my teenage years when she got a little older. The only problem was that the bed was a pine color.

I have been harassing Jason about painting the bed for several months now. And to my own admission, we have been sorta busy with the whole moving to another state thing.

So, I then got the idea as I was wandering around Lowe's that maybe we could spray paint the bed. He thought I was crazy. My thinking was spray paint costs $3 a can for primer and paint and if it doesn't work then we're only out a small amount. However, if I was right then it would be half the money and half the time.

And, oh was I right.

I have to give my husband props though. He did an amazing job!

Eat your heart out Pottery Barn...

1 comment:

maribeth said...

too cute! good job to both of you!