Monday, December 08, 2008

closet fan

Although I have yet to get to a couple of other posts, I had to go ahead and blog about tonight.

Tonight Jason and I had date night to the Casting Crowns Christmas Extravaganza. A sweet lady that serves on the worship team at church works for the local Christian radio station and she got us free tickets and backstage passes. The lineup was Casting Crowns, Natalie Grant, Avalon, Michael English and Denver and the Mile High Orchestra.

I will have to admit I was always a closet fan of Natalie Grant and Avalon. We even had an Avalon song sang at our wedding. I might also become a Casting Crowns fan considering how incredibly nice there were backstage!



I had to meet Natalie Grant and get my picture taken with her. You see, Emma loves Natalie Grant's music. However, she thinks that I am the one that sings her songs. I tried to tell her repeatedly that it was not me singing, but she kept insisting it was. And hey, who am I to spoil her dreams? I just pretend along with her now and it gives me a little bit of an ego boost:)

So now I can show Emma that mommy got to meet the woman that sings "What are you waiting for?"


On a side note, a guy that Jason used to play drums for (he played drums for 16 years before he started leading worship, my husband is so multi-talented) is now in the group Avalon. Small world.

No comments: