Monday, November 02, 2009

random bits of info

So we have had a busy/crazy kind of few weeks around this house. I'm not even sure where to begin with all the random tidbits of information.

First of all, Lila's due date ticker on the right side of the blog is haunting me. Every time I go to get on the blog it screams, "Get ready! She's going to be here soon!" Don't get be wrong. I am excited to meet our next precious girl, but it just seems like it all went by too fast. And now, with the holidays coming up it is going to go by even faster!

I went to the doctor this past week for my check up and glucose test. I got good news and bad news. Good news was that I passed my glucose test with flying colors, the bad news was that I horribly failed my blood count test. I had a feeling this was coming. As soon as I hit the 3rd trimester with Ava, I became anemic. Apparently, this one is no different, just actually worse this time. So, they put me on a prescription dose of iron and said that hopefully I will feel better in a couple weeks. We shall see. Right now, I am energy-less.

We also had a crazy day last week where apparently all of the bills we mailed got lost. We found that lovely tidbit out when our water just got turned off all of a sudden. I went to take a shower and no water. Out here, the water company doesn't play. If it is 10 days past due on your bill, they shut you off. Lovely. So we had a fun time of calling a bunch of places and trying to figure out where our mail is. Still have not answered that question.

Then, Jason went to lean against the bar in our kitchen and our granite bar fell off. Can we say shoddy workmanship? It was definitely quite the day.

And now on to Ava. I so need to keep a record of everything that comes out out of this child's mouth. Yesterday, she told me, as I was putting on her pj's, that they were "so not cool." I have a teenager in training on my hands.

Every morning as soon as I sit down for breakfast, she asks me, "Mommy, does your foot hurt anymore?" She is referring to 3 weeks ago when I feel down the stairs. For a week and half, however, my foot has been fine. I answered her the same way I also do, "Yes, Ava. Mommy's foot is all better now. It doesn't hurt anymore." To which she replies to Jason, "Daddy! Mommy's foot is all better. It doesn't hurt her anymore!" Same thing. Every morning.

This morning, she did ask me how Baby Lila was doing. I told her that Lila was very busy kicking me this morning. The solution from Ava? "Well, Mommy. Maybe you should just spank her."

I love that kid.

No comments: