Tuesday, February 08, 2011

a party for a 1 year old

Finally, we were able to celebrate Lila's 1st birthday this weekend. I just had a low-key celebration planned for her, but we could NOT get the timing right between the flu, snow and surgeries.

The room decorated for the birthday girl...
lila's 1 year party 9

I really went cheap this year, but I think it turned out cute. I borrowed things,and my BFF Candice made some of the stuff for her birthday. Between the 2 of us we should start a birthday business with all the stuff we have made/bought for birthday celebrations!

Lila's birthday colors were turquoise, red and pink. I made the pennant banner from scrapbook paper, I had on hand. Candice had the tissue flowers from a previous event. The material is some that is left over from Lila's pillows in her room. Some of the other items on the table, I just pulled from her bedroom.

Part of the birthday banner I made...


The color-themed cupcakes I made...

Every month we have taken a picture of Lila in the old rocker that my mom rocked me in. I strung up the pictures from the past 11 months and put a big 8x10 for her 12 months on the table.
lila's 1 year party 44


Lila was so sweet hanging out with Clinton. This is the stillest I have seen her in a long time!

We completely forgot to get a full body shot of Lila in her birthday outfit. So mad! This is the best picture of it. I had a birthday shirt made for her in her colors, and Candice made a tutu to match it.

Candice also made the birthday hat for me...




Chowing down on her cupcake...
lila's 1 year party 30


lila's 1 year party 33


Gift time!


So blessed by family and friends!

1 comment:

Kyndi said...

I love the photo banner! We think about you guys often!