Friday, November 28, 2008

thanksgiving



Well, Thanksgiving has now come and gone. Time is just flying by! As I type, Jason is stringing the lights around the Christmas tree as we welcome the Christmas season in on this Black Friday.

As much as I love decorating for Christmas, I really do love having out all of my fall decorations. The picture above is from a banner I made for Thanksgiving. I have been on a crafting spree. I think it is because I love living in a place that is all about doing it yourself!

This year was the first year that we hosted Thanksgiving at out house. We we were so excited about not traveling on a major holiday! I put my cooking skills to the test and we really did have an amazing feast. I did have some great cooks to help though. Jason did a fried turkey that was absolutely delicious! The meat literally fell off the bone. Nana contributed the meal with a couple of dishes of her own and I made the dressing, sides and dessert. So good!

The spread...


The happy family... (although not a good angle for a picture for me)

No comments: