Tuesday, September 01, 2009

oh, no they didn't!

Wow, what a day! It was one of those days that at the end of it I said, "Did that really happen?"

First, after we got done with the fair last night, I got sick again. Major coughing spell and couldn't breathe. I think by the time I fell asleep it was 5:00 in the morning. Jason woke me up this morning to tell me that he was going to take the girls to work with him so I could rest and get with my doctor about my bronchitis. I was slightly shocked he so sweetly offered, but I was not going to argue.

On the way to work, Emma was having one of her mornings where everything was heart-breaking, earth-shattering which means she was crying and whining about this and that. So Jason tells her, "Emma, stop being a drama queen." To which Emma replies, with her hands on her hip and full of attitude of that of a thirteen year old girl, "Daddy, I am NOT a drama queen." This has become her new phrase. Every time we try to tell her to stop whining she has decided to say this phrase. Cute, the first time not so much every time after that.

Next, on to the day at the office. Not Jason's most productive day. Ava was in one of her moods also. She kept finding Jason's stashes of hand sanitizer and wanting to play with it. Jason had to run across the hall to another pastor's office for a minute. He put the hand sanitizer on the desk out of the reach Ava. Jason comes back 1 minute later and finds Ava covered head-to-toe in the hand sanitizer. He rushes her to the bathroom which she screams bloody murder while Jason cleans her off. Fun times.

Fast forward to tonight. We have been begging the girls to clean their playroom for a couple of days now. It was completely destroyed. Every time we would try to get them to clean, they would cry and tell us it was too hard and that they didn't know how. Yeah, right.

So, we have implemented a new rule tonight. If I have to pick up the toy, the toy is mine. Needless to say Jason and I picked up 4 bags of toys. Many tears and fits were pitched. I may regret the decision tomorrow when they are in the playroom with none of the "good stuff" to play with. If they can play nice and pick up after themselves tomorrow, they will earn back one of the bags. If they can't pick up, we will be confiscating more toys. I love playing police woman.

Good times with preschoolers. And we're having another one? :)

1 comment:

Candice Pair said...

Hahah well it sounds like you have it under control, so don't worry about the 3rd one :) Sorry it was a crazy day and that your sick :( Ill check on ya later! Love ya!