Friday, September 04, 2009

shopping

Fridays for us are our run-around days. We do the shopping and run the errands on Fridays so that we don't have to deal with everyone that is off on Saturdays.


What we do have to deal with though? 2 girls who actually love shopping. After we got done with every store today Emma asked, "What store are we going to next?"


Bless her.... a child after my own heart.


Only problem is that my children love the thought of shopping and the social aspect that comes with it, but not so much the "stay with Mommy, don't touch, don't run, you have to go to the bathroom again?, no we are not getting a cookie" stuff.


The only part that is better than that of our shopping experiences are the looks from strangers. I have figured out that when we have gone into meltdown mode there really is nothing that you can do to "win" as a parent in the stranger's eyes. At one store, I took Ava away and threatened her within an inch of her life. Oops, I mean I talked sternly with her. At one point, we did the "walk away " method as she laid on the floor and screamed.


Either way I got the "look". You know what the "look" is if your are a parent. The look from a stranger that says, "My child would never like act like this", or "The reason your child acts like this is because of you" , or "When I have kids, my kids will never act this way." I know the "look" because I used to give it.


Oh, well. You just got to do the best you can sometimes.


Here's some random iphone pics for your enjoyment.






Oh, and even though I do have 2 other girls, I can not resist buying clothes for baby girl #3. I came across some good deals on some cute clothes on clearance in the size she will need for next summer. Love it!

No comments: