Monday, February 08, 2010

my monday in bullet points

  • Jason is supposed to go to a conference in Nashville this weekend. The plan was that the girls and I would be dropped off at my family's house in Memphis. It would be a pain in the rear end to travel and stay for almost a week when you have a newborn, however it is so much better than staying here by myself with 2 kids and a newborn. Now, it is snowing in Memphis. Please tell me I am not going to have to be here by myself if Jason goes to the conference!
  • Also, we took Ava to the doctor this morning. She has an ear infection. I am just glad it is not anything contagious.
  • The doctor noticed when she listened to Ava's heart, that she had a heart murmur. Sometimes children can have a heart murmur when they have fever. The thing that concerned the doctor was that Ava did not have fever at the time, and we have not noticed her having fever this weekend. The doctor is setting up an appointment with a pediatric cardiologist as a precaution. The doctor also told us not to worry about it. Yeah, right. You say pediatric cardiologist and I am not going to worry? Not possible.
  • I do not know if it will ever be possible for us to get our children to school on time. I think we are late to preschool about half of the week. What are we going to do when Emma goes to kindergarten next year? Our child might just fail out because we can't get her there. Hopefully, one day we will get our act together...
  • I am realizing that I need a lot of sleep. I have to have my 8 hours. It is just not pretty if I don't. What I am thankful for is that Jason does not require as much sleep as I do. He's a much better Mommy than me in the middle of the night. I am so thankful that opposites attract!
  • Just started reading the book, You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes. It's a book for pastor's wives written by a pastor's wife. It is funny, and it is real. It about breaking down the stereotypes we and people have about what a pastor's wife should be from dressing to personality. I love it. We are not all meant to be robotic "Bless you" and "I made you this casserole" and "I got up at 5 this morning and spent 3 hours in the Word" kind of women. Thank goodness!

2 comments:

Faith said...

LOVED this post! I too am NOT a middle of the night kind of mommy! My Jason is much better at that too! And I CAN'T WAIT to get that book! Oh how I desparately feel like I don't fit in the "pastor world" half the time! I hope Ava feels better! We will pray that the Cardiologist appointment goes well and it's nothing serious!

Maegan said...

We went through the heart murmur thing with Ben and Will. Theirs both ended up being nothing to worry about, functional murmurs the doctor called them. I will be praying for ya'll. I know it is scary.