Wednesday, February 17, 2010

wednesday's thoughts

  • A funny thing happened tonight. Well, not that funny to me, but funny if you happened to see me. As I was getting out of my car at the mall tonight, I dropped my phone. My iPhone fell underneath the car that was next to me... in the middle of it. After looking at it from every angle because clearly I was in denial of what I was going to have to do, I dropped to my stomach and laid flat on the pavement and attempted to retrieve my phone. After about a couple of minutes, I was able to finally stretch myself far enough to reach my phone. By the way, I have no idea what my iPhone is made of, but I have never known a phone to get dropped on pavement, concrete or hardwood more than mine and still work great. The screen of my phone is cracked all up, and it still works perfectly. Jason wants me to get a new phone since mine is in embarrassing shape. I told him, "What's the use in it? I'm just going to drop it again."
  • Jason and I agreed to both give up sugar for Lent. I was excited about our decision and I knew it was and is going to be quite the challenge for us. Today, I decided to make a big pot of spaghetti. Knowing I could not use the canned sauce because of the sugar in it, I made the sauce from scratch. I have a favorite recipe that I use when I feel ambitious. I checked all the labels on my canned tomatoes and all was good. No sugar to be found. So I am tossinfg all the ingredients in left and right, and I just toss the 2 Tablespoons of sugar the recipe called for without thinking. My "I have a newborn brain" clearly isn't working. First day of Lent Commitment is a fail.
  • My sweet hubby got me a gift certificate to Ann Taylor Loft as part of my valentine. I went there to spend a little of it. I don't understand why I am more careful about spending a gift certificate than my own money. I become OCD checking prices and seeing what bang I can get for my buck.
  • We received a check for overpayment to our OBGYN today. Love it! God must have noticed that I needed to get my roots done because it was just the perfect amount.
  • All ministry wives should get a copy of the book ,You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes by Lisa McKay. Such awesome practical advise! She writes about raising ministry kids, coming and leaving churches, having close friends in the congregation, and conflict in churches to name a few. I really gained so much insight from this book.

2 comments:

maribeth said...

i busted my phone when i dove to save spencer from face planting on the tile and the phone was plugged into the wall charging. it is in sad, sad shape, but still works. josh said the same thing and i told him i refuse to buy a new phone when a-this one works and b-it will just happen again. i did have to use packing tape to stop glass shards from falling out and hurting people, but it still works!

Candice Pair said...

hahahah I love the part where you said that God must have noticed that you needed your roots done...too funny! love you!!!