Wednesday, July 14, 2010

mary poppins

This morning Jason reminded me that Mary Poppins, the movie, was going to be playing at the Orpheum. The girls have really started to love this movie, and it is also a favorite of mine. They love the song "Let's Go Fly a Kite".

The whole family headed downtown. We were running late (huge shocker). As we entered into the Orpheum, Ava had a mini meltdown. Mary Poppins was standing in the lobby.

Ava is my child that has a fear of seeing characters in real life. This was no different. She started screaming and demanded that I pick her up. I am pretty sure she had the death grip around my neck for at least the first 30 minutes of the movie.

Emma, however, was a different story. She loved Mary. In fact, we couldn't stop her from hugging Mary after the movie.


After the movie, they had students from Memphis College of Art doing sidewalk chalk drawings in front of the Orpheum.


Fun day!

1 comment:

Candice Pair said...

I cant wait to take Pres to stuff like that. Have yall seen Toy Story 3 yet? We should do that!