Thursday, July 29, 2010

the older girls

Last night all of us were looking back through old photo albums on facebook. They dated back three years ago. Most of the time I don't realize how much Emma and Ava have grown until I go back through old photographs. I was hit with the realization once more of how quickly time goes.

Emma is going to kindergarten this year. It's a time in her life that is a landmark. One landmark that society and the government mandates and tells us that it's time for us to hand over our kids to complete strangers and have their lives influenced by others.

Others that maybe I wouldn't choose to influence my girls. Sure, I could homeschool, but Jason and I both agree that it is not the best option for our family. We are genuinely excited about the influence we could have into the school and building relationships with families in our neighborhood.

It made me also realize that what we are instilling in them at home is even more important now. Emma will be in contact with kids and adults that may tell her things that is contradictory to what we say at home.

It's really easy to sit in our Christian home with our Christian friends that go to our Christian church and talk about the world and how to make it a better place and what we are going to do to win them for Christ.

For our family, it's go time. It's time for us to practice what we preach.

On a lighter note. Here's some pictures from some film Jason got back a while ago.

I'm not exactly sure what Jason was trying to get them to do here.

For a week, Ava has been obsessed with putting on her winter coat and wearing it all day. With the hood up. Goofy girl...

I walked into the kitchen one day and found this.


Hello, Miss Sassy! I'm hoping that's not a glance into my future.

Ava loves her babies!


And if Emma could have her way, she would sit in front of the television all day.


No comments: