Sunday, August 15, 2010

the first day of school

Last week Emma reached an important milestone in her life. She began kindergarten. I am so thankful that she loves school and is so excited to go.

Emma is starting school at Richland Elementary. Jason and I have been so impressed by the school! We had heard wonderful things prior to Emma attending so I am thankful that we get attend. The parent involvement at Richland is incredible. I am also thankful that we got the teacher I wanted, Mrs. Hunt. Such a sweet lady!

This is Emma standing outside the school waiting for the bell to ring. The start time is 7:30. We have some major adjusting to do! Well, mainly Momma since she is not a morning person.
The kids have to wear uniforms at Richland. I have to say I really don't mind. I don't have to think too much about what she is going to wear in the morning. Also, I don't have to worry about her outfits getting ruined.

The styling new backpack she picked out for this year.

With the matching stylish lunchbox...


We could not get Emma to look at us once we got inside so we could get a picture. She just wanted to get in and start her day. I had to ask her to give me a hug. I think I am the one with the separation problem...


This will be her first full week of school. Richland also offers so many extra-curricular activities after school. Emma decided she wants to do gymnastics, and it starts tomorrow. My big girl will be staying after school. How scary... for me!

1 comment:

Lindsay Hintz said...

She is so cute! I hope her first week went smoothly and she transitioned well!