Wednesday, August 11, 2010

wizard of oz... the details

In July we celebrated Emma and Ava's birthday in a joint party. At the time of Ava's birthday we were packing up the house to move to Memphis so I promised that we would have their birthday parties together.

They were both unanimous on the theme... the Wizard of Oz.

They LOVE this movie! Every day they dress up as Dorothy, even to the point that if I know we are not going anywhere, I will not dress my own kids. What's the point? They are just going to take it off to be Dorothy.

We had way too many great pictures to use, so I decided this was going to have to be broken up into a couple of posts. So this post is about the details of the party.

The invitation...

The front of our house... I'm really just including this because some of you have never seen it!

The sign that greeted the guests as they walked up the drive to the house. My BFF Candice helped me out and made a couple of the signs.

I made the legs of the Wicked Witch of the East. They sat on the porch, sticking out from underneath the house.

Sign hanging on the door. (It's the sign that's on the door of the Emerald City in the movie.)

Inside the house...


I had the witch's broom and Dorothy's costume hanging.

The food table before the food was put on.

The banner...

Cupcake toppers I ordered off of Etsy.


Rainbow Fruit Salad

Flying Monkey Wings

Pig Pen Sandwiches
Some of the rest of the menu included peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in the shape of a flower, Emerald City Spinach Dip, Kansas Corn Dip and a Witch's Brew (lime sherbet punch).
I bought some material, the same as Dorothy's dress, to make a tablecloth.

Party favors... lollipops!

The "Over the Rainbow" Pinata!

We also had the songs from the Wizard of Oz playing in the background.

Candice also made some tissue flowers for me. I had the idea to do one of the rooms as a poppy field. We didn't get a good picture of those by itself, but you can see them in the background on tomorrow's post.

I also had a lady off of ebay make the girls a jumper that was too cute that you will also see tomorrow!

1 comment:

Laurin said...

Ummmmmmmmmmmm.....precious! Have you ever thought about being party planner???

~Laurin (boeving)