Wednesday, October 14, 2009

another random dozen




1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)
Print. I do not have pretty cursive handwriting. In fact, I can not even remember how some of the letters are supposed to be done in cursive.

2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?
A realist much to my hubby's dismay considering he is a dreamer. He says he always comes to me with this huge vision, and then I bust the bubble by saying, "Well, have you thought about this, and what are you going to do about this?" I guess that's why we work so well together!

3. Billy Joel or Elton John?
Neither, really. Although I do have a fond memory of being on a road trip with my roommate when Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" came on. She thought the words to the song were, "Hold me closer, Tony Danza."

4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not just horror flicks but also ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.
The Last House on the Left. Jason and I both agree that the scariest movies are movies were people just do random acts of violence to others when they don't know you and they just pick you. I don't like movies that could possibly happen in real life.

5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?
not sure

6. What word do you misspell without fail?
I can't think of one, but I did misspell the word "fourth" on my daughter's birthday invitations. I put forth, and of course spellcheck didn't pick it up and my pregnancy brain did not notice.

7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at?
Sing. I have a feeling everyone in my family is going to possess this gift and I will be the odd man out. Maybe I can be the manager...

8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?
Depends on my mood. Most of the time I need alone time to sort through my feelings through prayer and meditation.

9. Have you ever been on TV?
nope

10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)
Definitely, apple. The best part of my day yesterday was when the hubby text me and said he just had some homemade apple pie and nothing could compare to mine. That just melted my butter...

11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?
3... Parents, Parenting and Better Homes and Gardens

12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?
Trusting God with it ALL. I'm such a control freak. I feel like maybe if I just hold onto this one little thing...
God is really good about not letting that slide:)

No comments: