Thursday, October 08, 2009

a cooking day

I have been on an organizing terror.

I'm not sure if it was because I was literally hyperventilating the other night thinking about Lila coming.  Yes, major panic attack.

Realizing that I am one week away from the 3rd trimester has made me begin to reevaluate the way I do things around the home.  Quite honestly, things don't always run as smooth as I would like.  As I was thinking about why that is, I began to realize the common denominator in all of the areas was ME.  I'm not going to lie and tell you that my 2 precious, rambunctious children don't hinder us in having a smooth day, but my lack of planning is really where everything starts.

After following another blogger, Money Saving Mom, I have decided that one area I am going to work on is planning ahead meals and more importantly cooking ahead meals.  We just end up eating out way too much because our schedule gets crazy and it just seems easier to do.  I also end up throwing away so many groceries because I never got around to cooking with it.

So today I started around 2:00 and began cooking the following meals (oh, and I also cooked a full dinner for us tonight):

Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Broccoli Cheese Soup 
2 batches of Chili
2 batches of Chicken Tetrazzini to bake 
Poppy seed Chicken Mix to bake 
Taco Meat
Plain Ground Beef
Loaf of Banana Bread

I finally finished at 10:30 tonight.  Tiring?  Yes.  Worth it?  Absolutely!  I am excited to know that I have 9 spur-of-the-moment meals I can throw together in no time!


Now, if I could work on cutting that grocery bill in half...

No comments: