Tuesday, October 06, 2009

an award...



I got this award from my best friend Candice.

The rules are...
1.  List 5 current obsessions
2. Pass it along to 5 blogging friends (I will not be passing it along because I am pretty sure most of my blogging friends have already received it.  I know, I know.  I am a rebel.)

So here goes...

1.  I have become one of those people who have read all the Twilight books.  The long of the short of it is I watched the movie, I borrowed the first book and then I felt the need to read all of them.  I have to say that I actually really enjoyed all of them.  Well, all except the last book.  Because I am fast reader (or maybe because I have a slightly obsessive personality), I read all 4 books in a week.  That's just about 2500 pages in a week.

2.  On the opposite end of the spectrum, I am obsessed with the book of Galatians in the Bible.  Jason has been through Tim Keller's study of Galatians and is leading his discipleship group through it also.  I decided to follow suite and walk through it too.  It is fabulous.  It has really challenged me in the area of legalism and the things that I hold so tight a fist around that God didn't intend for me to.  It has broken down so many stereotypes that I may give to people, and it has made me realize the things that I feel the need to "add on" to the gospel in order for myself and others to be categorized as "good Christians".  It is just icing on the cake that now Pastor Sam is walking though Galatians on Sunday mornings.

3.  I am obsessed with all things fall.  I am loving decorating for fall this year.  I was so excited when we planted the mums and the pansies in the flower beds and when we got out bales of hay and pumpkins for the front porch.  I was just noticing at lunch that the leaves from the trees in the woods that back up to our house are beginning to change colors.  I love pumpkin spice lattes from Starbucks and pumpkin scented candles.  I also can't forget about yummy pumpkin spice bars.  I love the smell of a fireplace and wrapping up in over sized sweatshirts and sweaters.  Of course now the sweatshirts and sweaters would have to be REALLY over sized to cover my massive belly:)

4.  I'm loving my girls as usual.  I love the way they are each growing and how you never know what to expect to hear from either of them.  This morning as Ava was sitting in my lap, she told me that Wiwa (Lila) needed to cook a little longer before she came.  Too cute!

5.  I'm loving refurbishing furniture, or should I say I love telling Jason how I want him to rehab some pieces?  He's got a talent for it.  I see the vision and he implements it.  Recently, we bought a china cabinet from the Salvation Army.  Since we got it Thursday, I have been obsessed with getting it finished and in the house.  This morning, it finally came in the house.  I just need to buy some new hardware for it to finish it.  The before and after pictures will be coming soon...

No comments: