Monday, October 26, 2009

things you might hear during a grocery trip...

"I want to ride in the race car buggy. I'm not going to the grocery store if I can't ride in the race car buggy." (Then, child proceeds to spend the whole grocery trip trying to get out of the buggy.)

"EEWW, gross mommy. I don't like strawberries." (after she ate them all last week)

"Mommy, balloons! Go get us a balloon. No, Mommy, we don't have to pay for that. I'm sure the grocery man wants us to have it as a present."

"Look at you!", as Ava points to the grocery clerk who is slightly overweight and cannot keep his pants up. "What are you wearing?"

"Mommy, books! We want those books. Those books are there just for us. We're so bored, Mommy. Please let us read books. I don't like grocery shopping. I want to go home. I want to read books. We never get to do anything we want to do!"

"OHHH, cinnamon rolls. Please, can we get cinnamon rolls? Mommy, you never let us eat good food."

"Mommy, can I have some money for Disney World? Mommy, don't give that money to that man. We need the money for Disney World. Now we have no money for Disney World!" (We have no plans to go to Disney World in the near future.)

and the final quote as we are leaving...

"Mommy, I am sorry. Do you forgive me? Mommy, you have to forgive me. After all, we're family!"


1 comment:

Candice Pair said...

oh. my. goodness. i think that is one of the funniest things ive ever read! avas comment to the man "what are you wearing" made me laugh out LOUD! I love them so much!