Wednesday, December 16, 2009

christmas decor

I was going to link up to Nestor's Christmas Decor Tour, but of course I forgot and never got the pictures up. But, better late than never!

This year I felt like I didn't go all out on the Christmas decorations. I had so many ideas of things that I wanted to do, but never got around to doing it probably because of my "condition". I was so jealous as I was "touring " other homes on other blogs. Oh, well. There's always next year.

This is our main tree in the living room. It looks a little worse for the wear after being beat up by 2 preschoolers and a 30 pound cocker spaniel chasing cats. This year I made the colors very subdued. I wanted a relaxing tree with relaxing colors. So I just jumped in with decorating and ended up with a "snow" themed tree. The ribbon I used has a winter's scene that runs through it with snowmen on it and I used many ornaments that were snowmen or snowflakes.


christmas decorations 1


christmas decorations 1


christmas decorations 1




I love my wrapping paper this year! Also, last Christmas my mom gave me her old Christmas village. I have it displayed on the my glass buffet table in the dining room.

christmas decorations 1


christmas decorations 1


christmas decorations 14


This year I did a fun tree in the foyer. Again, this tree is looking rough. This is the animals main play area. Also, notice how we have a row of lights out on the prelit tree. Who has the energy to fix it?

christmas decorations 3 2



These next 2 things are blasts from the past. On this tree I hung these stockings that my grandmother hand crochet herself when my mom was a little girl. Next to the tree, we have 2 elves that are going up a ladder. I can remember as a child the elves always being next to our tree and my grandmother's tree.


christmas decorations 1


christmas decorations 1


I made each of our family an ornament this year...


christmas decorations 37


I got the next 3 ornaments from Cracker Barrel this year. I couldn't pass them up. I love them!

christmas decorations 38


christmas decorations 39


christmas decorations 40


The mantle...

christmas decorations 25


The tree in the girls' room.

christmas decorations 28



The tree is a mixture of reds and pinks, gumdrops and PB Santa.


christmas decorations 1


christmas decorations 1



My Christmas blocks I made...

christmas decorations 2 (1)


christmas decorations 2 (1)



That concludes the tour:)

1 comment:

Candice Pair said...

I think you did a wonderful job....especially considering your "condition" hahaha! I love the stockings your grandmother made....and I love the elves! we had those growing up too...I need to find them!