Thursday, December 31, 2009

reflections

Well, another year has come and gone.

This is how my oldest, Emma, started out this year.

And this is what she has grown to at the end of it. Emma is 4 years old and is my imaginative girl. She is constantly happy living in her pretend world where she is a different character every hour. She is my encourager, telling me how beautiful I look and how she loves my outfit. She loves school and is so ready to learn. She loves church and hates when she has to miss.

Ava at the beginning of the year...

Ava at the end of the year. She is my spunky almost 3 year old girl. She always wants to do it on her own. She's my explorer. She is going to make a great leader one day. I love that she enjoys school and church, but also really loves hanging out with Mommy and Daddy. I love that at random she comes up to me and kisses my belly and asks how baby Lila is doing today. She is always making sure that I feel good. Such a considerate little girl. She is moving out of the toddler phase and into a little girl. Tear...

The girls together at the beginning of the year...

And the girls at the end of this year. The best of friends! Just now as the girls were playing with their Play-doh at the table, Emma leaned over to Ava and said, "You know what Ava? I love you!" To which Ava said, "Well, you know what, Emma? I love you, too!"

So precious!

And at the beginning of this year, we will have another precious little one to add to the mix, Lila Kate!

No comments: