Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Wish List Meme

Not much exciting going on around here to blog about. One of these days I may get around to posting some pictures of my Christmas decorations. For now I will leave you with this meme.

1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?

  • New, NICE makeup. Why something so ordinary you ask? Not really interested in clothes when I am as big as a whale.
  • Some more of my Emile Henry cookware from Williams-Sonoma (already gotten thanks to my awesome mom)
  • A personal trainer for after the baby or an elliptical
  • a necklace with ALL my girls' names on it
  • gift certificate to Hobby Lobby so I don't have to feel guilty about all the money I spend there
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?

Hmmm, food is good. Well, most of the time, depending on who gives it to you. I also like a good homemade craft decor gift of some kind since I enjoy making the same.

3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?

So many. I wish I was artistic and could write well. Then, I could make those cute painted canvases with verses or pictures on them.

4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?

So many it is hard to remember. We always got what we ask for. The funniest memory of a gift is when I pulled panties and a bra out of my stocking when I was a preteen. I didn't know Santa and his elves made that at his workshop.

5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?

DRESS-UP CLOTHES!!!!! and maybe throw in a few Disney princess paraphernalia

6. What is your favorite holiday food?

Love it all.

But, I do love me some sweet potatoes. And divinity. LOVE divinity!

7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?

I made some blocks with the word JOY on them. That will probably be the extent of my Christmas craftiness. I have bigger fish to fry in Lila's room in order to get it ready.

8. What is your favorite holiday movie?

Hands down, Christmas Vacation

9. Favorite holiday song?

Come and Worship, Bebo Norman

My favorite line in is, "God with man is now residing. Yonder shines the infant light." Powerful.

10. Favorite holiday pastime?


Spending time with the family. Jason usually has a week or more off around the holidays. I love watching my girls get excited about Christmas. We are starting a new tradition this year of throwing Jesus a birthday party after our Christmas Eve service. I'm glad that when I ask the girls why we celebrate Christmas they tell me because it is Jesus' birthday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE the idea of a necklace with the girls names on it! I am wanting to order one from this lady! She is going to customize one for me with both kids name and Jason's too! You should check her out!!
http://www.thevintagepearl.com/