Wednesday, December 23, 2009

crafting in lila's room

I am so excited.

I now actually have a camera I can use. It's dummy proof which means I can use it. I love the pics my hubby takes, but I also love having a point and shoot camera that I can use myself. Now, I don't have to wait around on him to take the pictures.

I have slowly, I mean very slowly, been working on pulling together Lila's room. I am so excited about it because I have been making a lot of the things that are going to go into the room. I can't wait to see it all together!

The quilt, the inspiration, for the room. Then, I found a cute coordinating fabric by Henry Glass. I still have to pull together and do some sewing for the bedding. Nothing like waiting to the last minute...

The lamp shade that I redid in the fabric. Please ignore my crafting table in the background... it's slightly a mess.

Lila's blocks that I also made for her shelf.

And the door hanger I made.
Maybe in the next couple of weeks I'll have pics of the finished room up!

7 comments:

analisesmom said...

I love those blocks! Do you use scrapbooking stiff to make them?

maribeth said...

look at you!

btw, i totally feel for you right now. we went to zoo lights a few nights ago and it was frigid. then i thought to myself, last year at zoo lights i was pregnant-i am so thankful to be cold. now, everyone knows i love pregnancy, but it stinks to be SO pregnant at christmas! i would look at everyone with their newborn and be so envious. and, someone referred to me at mary, as in the mother mary. so, know someone else totally understands how much it stinks to be really pregnant at christmas.

Kelly said...

thanks! i just use some scrapbook paper on plain wooden blocks. i used my cricut to cut the squares (not that you have to use the cricut) and put it in place with my best friend mod podge. then, i sanded them and put some distressing ink around the edges to give it that aged look. i embellished with chip board letters, ribbon and whatever else i had lying around.

Candice Pair said...

Ok....if you find that quilt missing, don't come asking me about it ;) I LOVE IT! I know ive seen in before, but your camera phone didn't do it justice! Its gorgeous! And I love the polka dot material you found to go with it. Ok....now Im totally re-thinking Presleys new room. Dang it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
shampa said...

Hi Kelly,

You are such a creative person. Wish I could be that way. The lamp shade is a dream...so cozy......a perfect "homemaker".

God Bless you & your family.

shampa said...

Hi Kelly,

You are such a creative person. Wish I could be that way. The lamp shade is a dream...so cozy......a perfect "homemaker".

God Bless you & your family.