Tuesday, December 01, 2009

thanksgiving

We headed to Memphis to spend Thanksgiving. The day before I spent 12 hours cooking the dressing, both types of sweet potato casseroles (our family is divided brown sugar and pecan topping vs. marshmallows), broccoli casserole, homemade macaroni and cheese (made specifically for my children that they would not eat because they prefer the out-of-the-box kind), oreo trifle and an apple pie. Needless to say, I was pooped before Thanksgiving got here. Then, to top it all off I woke up with bronchitis on Turkey Day.

Despite all of that, fun and good times were still had.

Mimi and Ava looking at a book.

This is our attempt at a family picture.

My girls and me

Nana and Papa
Ava and Nana reading another book.

Saturday Jason let me sleep in and he took the girls to go get some donuts. You know, because we had not consumed enough calories in the days preceding.

Ava who had to take her princess wand with her.

Not so sure what Emma's imagination has her being here. She's wearing her Indian hat she made at school and holding onto her dog and her princess wand.

Papa and Ava enjoying donuts and aggravating each other.

Just some pics of the girls being silly.



2 comments:

Candice Pair said...

I love the family one of yall...and the one of your precious grandparents! Great pictures...as usual! Love you guys!

Sonya @ Balentine Bliss said...

The girls are getting so big! Would lve to see some pictures of you and that cute tummy! Won't be long!